Yesterday I scrolled lazily through my phone and I was looking at the pictures gallery app. Usually the pictures are sorted by their creation date. But there are some pictures with a date, that matches the time I bought a new phone in 2021. Because of manually copying over the pictures their original creation time was reset. This annoyed me so much yesterday that I got to work on resetting their original date.
In agriculture, humus build-up is one of the most important means of increasing soil fertility. Humus enables the soil to store water for longer periods of time or improves the usable field capacity. In addition, humus affects yield capacity, tillage, and erosion susceptibility. Humus buildup is achieved with an increased supply of organic matter, as well as reduced removal of organic matter from the land.
But what actually is humus? And what effect does humus buildup have on the greenhouse gas balance?
This is it. My whole year of 2021 inside on Spreadsheet. At the start of the year I did not think it would go this far. It all started with a blog post on Ycombinator about a guy, who tracked everything he did in a year…
During the writing of my bachelor thesis, I came across several fascinating articles about the current research of chicken welfare. But this research paper about the hatching methods of chicks was too damn interesting to not write a blog post about. You can read the whole paper at the Wageningen University Website.
A Pomodoro Timer was one of the first projects I did as part of the TheOdinProjects Curriculum in 2019. The timer just uses
HTML/CSS to display the time in a fashionable way. Since building the timer myself, I have been using the Pomodoro study method to focus on my studies and to be more productive.
For the past few weeks, i was looking for a way to easily write blog posts for my website. Writing the posts in plain HTML was not my kind of thing, so i looked at ways to convert Markdown files to HTML. And after some searching, the Jekyll Gem seemed kinda promising. It has md to HTML conversion and the deploy should be easy, because this website was already deployed on Github and apparently Github Pages uses Jekyll on the backend.